Depending on your age and medical conditions and vaccination history, you may need one or more vaccinations. At Silverton we can administer recommended vaccinations, bill your insurance company, and answer all of your immunization questions.
- Hepatitis A Vaccine- Hepatitis A is most commonly transmitted via contaminated food or drinking water. It is also one of the most vaccine-preventable diseases. The CDC recommends the Hepatitis A series to anyone visiting an endemic area with intermediate to high risk of infection.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine- Transmission of the Hepatitis B virus results from exposure to infected blood or body fluids containing blood. A Hepatitis B series is your best level of prevention before your trip.
- Influenza Vaccine (No prescription necessary) - Influenza is a viral infection that attacks your respiratory system - your nose, throat and lungs. The flu is seasonal and a yearly vaccination is highly recommended.
- Pneumococcal Vaccine- Pneumonia is caused by a bacterial infection that can be spread by respiratory droplets. The infection can cause fever, cough, chest pain and difficulty breathing. Vaccination is recommended for all adults over 65 years of age and those with chronic medical conditions or weakened immune systems.
- Shingles (Zoster) Vaccine Live- It is different than the chickenpox vaccine. Older adults who receive the herpes zoster vaccine are less likely to have complications from shingles.
Travel Health Consultations
Whether it's a mission trip, business trip, or dream vacation, foreign travel usually requires vaccinations and preventative medications. No matter where your travels take you, Silverton Pharmacy will have your health covered so you can enjoy your trip. If you are interested in scheduling a Travel Health Consultation with a specialized pharmacist, please call Silverton Pharmacy.